Mail-Order Brides Movies: What Are The Best Brides Sites Online
Mail order bride services have been around for a long time, as people use it as a convenient and easy way to find a future spouse that is the perfect match. That is why it is not a surprise that there are so many mail order brides movies, that are showcasing the good and the bad of such type of meeting your partner. It is always better to learn from others’ mistakes, but not your own. So, try to use these movie suggestions as a guide on what to do and what not to do when you are dating online, having an international relationship or generally a long-distance one.
Note that the sphere of mail order brides is usually judged by media, newspapers, and magazines without any substantial ground. And the same goes in Hollywood, but it has never been too wound up about accuracy. So, you need to bear in mind that they are not entirely true and are meant for entertainment. We prepared, in our opinion, the 5 best movies that depict international love perfectly, so we highly recommend you to watch them.
Top 5 of best mail order brides movies
- Picture Bride (1995) – one of the most controversial and criticized movies about arranged and international marriages. It tells the story of Asians and Americans in the time when the government forbade mixed-race marriages.
- Birthday Girl (2001) – a great love story of John Buckingham, a common Englishman, that is a lonely bank clerk, and gorgeous Russian girl Nadia. They have feelings that conquer all language and cultural barriers.
- Mail Order Wife (2004) – it probably one of the most authentic movies in the history of mail order brides. It is a perfect combination of ruthless political satire and a romcom. The story is showing Andrew, a New York City filmmaker who gets hired to shoot a documentary about Adrian and his new East Asian mail order fiance, Lichi.
- Sweet Land (2005) – this mail order bride movie is a masterpiece and has won nine awards. It follows Inge, a Norwegian immigrant, and Olaf, a son of an elderly couple that she met by chance, who lives in Minnesota.
- Mail Order Bride (2008) – a classic Hallmark film with a Western theme and it actually focuses more on the mail order bride and her side of the story. The main characters are Diana McQueen, a famous con-woman and Beau, a really kind and loving man. The movie is full of drama, action, and romance.
What should I learn from these movies?
Watching those recommended films can be very educational as there are a lot of lessons that you can take from them. One of the biggest ones that are depicted throughout all mail order bride movies is that love can overcome any difficulties. There are no boundaries, age differences and cultural differences for true love. It is one of the greatest powers in the world that can happen in the most unexpected places.
Another great lesson is that nothing in our life comes easy. Sometimes we need to overcome a lot of hard times before we finally have that Hollywood happy end. But anyway, it is totally worth it! If you are single and can’t find true love mail order brides may be a great opportunity for you to meet the stunning women and true partner in life.
The bottom line
If using mail order bride services is something that you are really considering, watching a few of these films could really help you to have a better understanding of it. These movies actually give a good idea of the hardships people face when they want to build a relationship. You can learn how to overcome challenges and build a happy family with a woman of different nationality and culture.